Login Register WSPC 2017 • Schedule • Participation • Location • WSC • WPC • Contact •Search •Recent

SudoClones — LMI June Sudoku Test — 30th June - 2nd July
   LMI Tests -> Monthly Sudoku and Puzzle Tests54 posts • Page 3 of 3 • 1 2 3
caudmont
Subject: RE: SudoClones — LMI June Sudoku Test — 30th June - 2nd July @ 2012-07-03 2:12 PM (#7705 - in reply to #7502) (#7705) Top

SudoClones Author

Congratulations to Janoslaw, Kota, Waterloomathie. Thanks to all participants: for authors, the greatest gift is that players make their grids. I'll just say a few words on my way to create this test.

When I decided to make this test, so I took the most time is finding the theme. One day I woke up with this idea: the same structure of departure for each grid. So I searched a grid pattern interesting and I found this configuration: 5 empty regions and some empty diagonals. I wanted to start with a classic-look alike and I like very much antiknight. So I tried to create this first grid. I placed the numbers 1, 2, 3 and 4 in an area thinking it would be useful to have cells where we can only place digits above 5.
My goal was that the grids were to be aesthetic, technically intesresting and with not too many clues. The first variant I created was the arrow: I used these famous cells with numbers greater than 5. For thermometer, it was quite difficult to create a symmetrical grid. Then the grids with outside clues (highest difference, frame, skyscrapers): it's not very annoying to have fixed numbers to create this type of grid. Then I saw the two 5 on rows 6 and 7 and I immediately tried the renban with two groups of four digits. Then I tried to use the diagonals with the little killer. Make a killer with 16 digits which were already placed was a bet but when I drew the cages, I thought it would be interesting.
For these two grids I thought they were surprising because it is unusual to use these rules with grids with many digits already placed.
Then the grids where I had to use two rules because I did not have the right to add digits: parity calcdoku, tri outside and extra region Greater Than.
At that time, I sent my twelve grids to Timothy and Geoffroy. Based on their performance I thought it lacked a grid a bit difficult and I decided to reuse the diagonals with different.

I enjoyed myself so much to create these sudokus and I'm glad that you have enjoyed.

Now I think everyone looks forward to Richard’s test.

See you next week
Richard
Subject: RE: SudoClones — LMI June Sudoku Test — 30th June - 2nd July @ 2012-07-03 10:19 PM (#7707 - in reply to #7705) (#7707) Top

WCPN Author

caudmont - 2012-07-03 2:12 PM

I enjoyed myself so much to create these sudokus and I'm glad that you have enjoyed.

I can imagine, moreover since the grids you prepared are very, very nice!
When creating grids, or even a step before: thinking about what I am willing to make, is big fun!

caudmont - 2012-07-03 2:12 PM

Now I think everyone looks forward to Richard’s test.

I hope so too! At least everyone is invited to take part!
Para
Subject: Re: SudoClones — LMI June Sudoku Test — 30th June - 2nd July @ 2012-07-03 10:55 PM (#7708 - in reply to #7703) (#7708) Top

prasanna16391 - 2012-07-03 12:27 PM

Nah, I guess what he meant is, when the answer key is Row/Column, you kinda know digits can't repeat, so thats as good as a little safety check in itself. Suppose a digit repeats in the key you know you're wrong and you can go back to it. In diagonals, digits can repeat.

Yeah, that.
davep
Subject: Re: SudoClones — LMI June Sudoku Test — 30th June - 2nd July @ 2012-07-09 8:02 PM (#7766 - in reply to #7502) (#7766) Top

Sylvain -

I was remiss in not sending you a note last week; thanks very much for the test - the puzzles were clever and quite entertaining.

Dave
54 posts • Page 3 of 3 • 1 2 3
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version